The Sorcerer, Ghost Valley

The Sorcerer, Ghost Valley

Tuesday 15 May 2012

A Sense of Doubt

Headed back to Trowbarrow today dodging more showers & looking for quick drying rock.
Adrian Walter's got his SPA assessment this weekend & he wanted to get a route in & myself, I'd eyed up a good looking route on the Assagai Wall which stood out last time I was there, when I climbed Moondance on the Main Wall.

Adrian leading Barrier Reef at Trowbarrow

Adrian did a good job leading Barrier Reef & then top roped Coral Sea VS. I headed over to have a look at 'A Sense of Doubt' which takes an impressive line up the centre of the blank looking Assagai Wall. It's fantastic steep face climbing on tiny crimps & vague footholds, with some powerful but very delicate balancy moves linking the whole route together. It's just great climbing & a totally absorbing pitch which I was super stoked to On-Sight today.


Assagai Wall at Trowbarrow

Left - A Sense of Doubt - E4 6b
The line that finishes up the middle in the top fluting's - Assagai HVS 5a
Right - Sleeping Sickness E2 5c


Safe Climbing

Ade


 

No comments:

Post a Comment